Thursday, January 25, 2018

Ecstasy of an Evening

Ecstasy of an Evening

Just the other day
When the sun was about to sleep,
And the birds were returning to their home;
I took a short trip on a boat
For an hour or so in that evening.


The excitement of dusk and the solitary evening
Kept dazzling as the moon appeared
Just on the eastern horizon;
With a note of warm welcome to the sky.


The stars chilled out so brightly
And the fireflies moved with delight so swiftly;
The sound of the gushing water
Made me feel peaceful beyond description;
And the boat advanced in serene sweetness.


What an ecstasy I shouted
What a beauty to relish!
Heaven poured all and I was enthralled
Let this never end, Let this never end;
Was my prayer and my silent wish.


            By Litton Prosad Mowalie

No comments:

Post a Comment